||Camp Misty Mountain, Armuchee, GA 30105|
A feeder works as a caretaker when the equestrian director is off duty. Duties include bringing the animals in for daily feeding, turning the animals out after they have been fed in the barn, checking on water, throwing hay, cleaning stalls in the barn, maintaining general health of the horses, minor first aid as needed, and any other horse related duties assigned by the Equestrian Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- To care for horses when the equestrian director is off duty
- Feeding, throwing hay, cleaning stalls, cleaning paddocks and arenas, first aid, tack needs etc, working with the other horseback staff and campers
- To enforce and practice safety procedures and regulations at all times
- To teach horse care as assigned
- Carry out other responsibilities as designated by the equestrian director
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to work with and care for basic needs of a herd of 26+ horses
- Ability to recognize and act in an equine emergency
- Good health and stamina necessary to work in the camp barn setting
- Ability to walk over rough terrain while leading a horse
- Ability to drive the barn truck and throw hay
- Ability to commit to a feeding schedule a month in advance, with reliable transportation
- Minimum age – 18 years; prefer 21 years
Requires the physical mobility to sit, walk or stand for extended periods of time and to lift or carry objects weighing up to 50-75 lbs
For immediate consideration, please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Horse Feeder” in the subject line.
Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.