National Council Convention
Join us at the National Council Convention as we reinvigorate the Girl Scout Movement, celebrate the organization’s accomplishments, and chart a path for the future girl leaders. The event will attract 12,000 Girl Scout officials from around the globe who are making a difference and is a great opportunity to be the voice of girls and volunteers in shaping the direction of the Girl Scout movement. Apply today for a great trip and the chance to
As a Delegate - Girls who are age 14 and older by March 18, 2014 are encouraged to apply. Delegates are elected by Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta and have the privilege of participating in the official proceedings at the convention.
Responsibilities of the National Council members are listed in the Constitution of Girl Scouts of the USA, Article V, as found in the current Blue Book of Basic Documents (the 2012 edition), available on our Girl Scout Website. These are:
- Electing a National Board of Directors and National Board Development Committee to provide leadership for the 2014-2017 triennium;
- Providing direct input to the National Board on major topics to guide the direction of the Girl Scout Movement in years to come;
- Voting on proposals and amendments to the Constitution placed on the agenda by the National Board; and
- Receiving a National Board report on its stewardship of the Movement for the 2011-2014 training, with an opportunity for dialog.
- Additional resources available: