What is going on?
The Volunteer Experience department, in collaboration with Information Technology will be transitioning our current training registration platform to eBiz!
Why are we doing this?
Volunteers have been asking for this for years! As many of you know our current system through the Volunteer Portal is not user friendly. By moving our training registration to eBiz, you will use the same system to register for classes as you do for membership!
Who does this impact, how, and when?
1. Volunteers who wish to attend training between February 24th, 2014 and April 30th, 2014 are asked to use the helpline to register for classes. 770.720.9411
a. To see a list of these courses click here!
2. Volunteers and Girls already registered in any courses dated before February 23rd, 2014 will not be impacted.
3. Volunteers who wish to register for courses being offered AFTER May 1st, 2014 are STRONGLY encouraged to register for their course through our New eBiz Training Registration System beginning in mid-April.
What happens to the Volunteer Portal?
The Volunteer Portal is not going away! However, it will primarily be used for volunteers with specific roles that require unique resources and communications, called “communities”.
What about non-members?
Only current members will be able to register for training classes. In fact a brand new member will be able to register and sign-up for training in the same cart at the same time beginning in mid April!
What about training transcripts?
- For the next four months the Volunteer Experience and Information Technology team will be working feverishly to upload over 60,000 training records into the new system!
- While we are working on this process; volunteers, Service Unit Directors, and Trainers can request transcript reports via email or phone.
Who should we or volunteers call/email with questions?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770.702.9411 to register or to get further information!
Thank you for all you do for Girl Scouts!