Juliettes: Individually Registered Girl Scouts
A different way to participate!
Become a member of Girl Scouts by registering as an individual Girl Scout (Juliette) and participate in activities through any of our participation pathways such as camp, events, and travel.
An individually registered Girl Scout is any girl (ages 5-18) who is not connected to a specific troop, but who is able to discover, connect, and take action at her own speed.
With the help of an adult guardian or mentor Juliette Girl Scouts can participate in council events community service, product sales, and earn awards such as the Girl Scout Silver Award and Girl Scout Gold Award.
Questions? We Have Your Answers
- Why join as a Juliette?
- - If you are looking for a new way to stay connected to Girl Scouts while not making a year-long commitment to a troop
- - To enjoy a mixture of special interests activities and events, for example – Weekend Workshops, Resident Camp, Day Camp and Leadership Training
- - If there is low Girl Scout participation in your area
- - Because being a part of Girl Scouts helps build girls of courage, confidence, and character, to make the world a better place
- How to Join as a Juliette?
There are two ways to register as a Juliette:
1. Click the Membership Registration and Renewal button above.
- 2. If you are seeking financial assistance, click on Membership Forms to download and complete the appropriate membership registration form. Enter zeros in the troop number spot to signify the Juliette category. Then return the form to the Mableton Service Center, 5601 North Allen Road, Mableton, GA 30126.
The Girl Scout membership year is from October 1 - September 30, individuals who participate in Spring registration or Early Bird registration will receive their recognition patch in the mail.
- How to participate in Girl Scouts Chocolates & Magazine and Girl Scout Cookie Program?
- Complete your Juliette Product Program Participation Form online at http://gsgatl.wufoo.com
- - Connect with your "host" troop or Juliette Product Coordinator to get started.
- How to stay informed?
- Juliettes Q&As!
- Q: Should girls waiting to be placed in a troop (wait-list) be registered as Juliettes?
- A: Yes! If there are girls whose troops may not formed for several months, they should be registered as Juliettes so they can participate in Girl Scout activities as soon as possible. Parents should be fully informed when completing their membership registration forms that they are considered a Juliette and to participate as an individual with an adult family member, until a troop becomes available. Girls can participate in most Girl Scout activities as a Juliette while troops are being organized.
- Q: Can Juliettes earn badges and journey awards?
- A: Juliettes are eligible to participate in most opportunities that are available to troops. At times Juliettes may have to complete activities slightly differently than a traditional troop, for example: Juliette Girl Scouts can use friends and family to act as their “troop” to complete activities designed for groups such as Take Action Projects (in the Journey).
- Q: Is there a special uniform or emblem for Juliettes?
- A: Juliette Girl Scouts may choose to purchase uniform components appropriate for her Girl Scout level. A special emblem for Juliettes is available for sale in the Badge and Sash store or online. It can be worn where troop numbers are placed on a sash or vest.
- Q: Can Juliettes participate in community service activities?
- A: Just like all Girl Scouts Juliettes are advocates for good causes and should, if they desire, participate in Council-sponsored community service projects or service projects in their area.
- Q: How do Juliettes find out about events?
- A: Juliettes find out about events just like troops do! Girl Scouts can visit our Website to find out about upcoming Council-sponsored events, upcoming program activities, and camp activities. Juliettes also receive special newsletters during the Girl Scout year.
- Q: How do Juliettes sign up for events?
- A: Juliettes may register for an event as a individual or with a group through online registration. However you decide to do it, make sure to join the fun!
- Q: Can Juliettes be involved with events and activities in their local area?
- A: Yes! Local service units should include Juliettes in their local Girl Scout activities and have a contact person that can provide local information to Juliettes in their area. Juliettes participating in local service unit activities should pay the same service unit dues as girl in troops do. Juliettes can request information from their local areas by contacting the Membership Specialist for their area. Call the Girl Scout Mableton Service Center 770.702.9100 , and give them your service unit name or closest school to reach your local staff person(s).