View Troop/group camping activities offered at GSGATL's five camps:
Camp Meriwether, Camp Misty Mountain,
Camp Pine Acres, Camp Pine Valley
and Camp Timber Ridge
Each of these camps offers instructor-led and non instructor-led activities to supplement your camping weekend. Activities are led by trained or certified instructors and all necessary equipment is provided. Troops/groups may also plan a day visit to camp in order to participate in activities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many activities can we request?
- You may request one-three instructor-led activities. At the most, your troop/group will be placed in one-two of these activities. If there are additional spots available that weekend, you may have three choices.
- What dates are these activities available?
- Late August through mid-May, weather permitting. Exceptions are listed in the Activity Descriptions.
- Who can participate in activities?
- Currently registered Girl Scouts may participate in troop activities. Grade levels requirements are listed for each activity. In most circumstances, adults do not participate in the activity, however adults are expected to assist with supervision and support adult/girl ratios listed in Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints. Tagalongs cannot participate in troop activities. In circumstances where adult are participants, fees apply.
- How do we request activities?
- Two versions of the application are available online. Fill, Save and Email allows you to type into the form, save to your computer and e-mail as an attachment; Print, Complete and Return allows you to print, complete via hand and fax or scan and email to the camp office. Applications are accepted in two cycles: after Jan. 15 (March-May troop camping) or July 15 (August-February troop camping). Applications will be placed based on dated postmarks or fax arrival date.
- Can we register for activities after the deadline?
- Contact the Camp Director for availability of activities after the deadline has passed. Activities will not be scheduled over the phone; an application must be faxed or mailed.
- When do we need to pay?
- After you are confirmed for troop activities, your payment is due no later than 30 days before your camping date. Failure to pay by this deadline will forfeit your activity. No refunds will be made on cancellations or changes made 15 days or less prior to the camping date. Check your camping confirmation for the due date of your site fee.
Please contact the Camp Director. Contact information is listed in the Activity Descriptions.