Camper registration begins Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 9am.
CAMP FEE STRUCTURE
Each camp session has three fees listed: Girl Scout Member Fee, Discounted Girl Scout Member Fee and Non-Member Fee. In order to be eligible for the Discounted Fee, a camper must be a registered Girl Scout with the Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta, Inc., and have participated in the 2013 Girl Scout cookie program. If the camper did not participate in the Girl Scout cookie program in 2013 and is not listed by her troop leader in the eBudde database, the higher fee is applicable.
The non-member fee listed for each session includes a $12 Girl Scout membership fee valid until 9/30/13. If your daughter is not currently a Girl Scout member, please choose the membership product on the online registration form, or if registering by mail, complete the Girl Scout membership section on the camp registration form.
BUDDIES AND SISTERS
If friends or sisters are in different grades (13/14 school year), they will be placed in a unit with the younger girl’s current grade. Girls who are more than one grade level apart may not be buddies. Buddies need to choose the same date, camp, session, type of accommodations and field trips in order to be placed together.
T-SHIRTS AND PATCHES
Pre-order your t-shirt ($13) by April 12, 2013. They may not be available for sale at camp All campers will receive a patch as part of the camp registration fees.
Only registered members selling Girl Scout Cookies in the 2013 Girl Scout Cookie Program may request camp financial assistance. Campers requesting Financial Assistance must complete the application for assistance online or on the reverse side of the camper application. A deposit of $50 must accompany the camper application. Financial Assistance is available for only one camp session.
Within four weeks of registering for camp, an e-mail with detailed camp information along with a payment coupon will arrive. If you do not receive this material please contact us. If your e-mail address changes after you register, please let us know. If you did not provide us with an e-mail address your material will be mailed.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
A refund, less the administrative fee, $50 for one week or longer resident camp sessions and $25 for mini, day camp or mom and me session, is available in special circumstances only. See refund statement in confirmation material.
For general or registration questions call MaryEllen Waiting at 770.702.9140 or Debbie McDowell-Tate at 770.702.9136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call the camp staff for program related questions.
- Camp Meriwether 770.927.1020
- Camp Misty Mountain 706.629.1030
- Camp Pine Acres 770.702.9137
- Camp Pine Valley 770.702.9137
- Camp Timber Ridge 770.702.9070
ONLINE CAMP REGISTRATION
Camper applications will be accepted online beginning Tuesday, February 5 at 9 am. Go to our Website at www.girlscoutsummer.com
and click on What We Do – Camp – Summer Overnight and Day Camp. Follow the links to online registration and follow the instructions.
A deposit of $50 or payment in full is required at the time of registration via credit card. Visa, Master Card, or American Express is accepted. This deposit is credited to your total camp fee.
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL ONLINE CAMP REGISTRATION
- If you are coordinating girls who wish to attend camp together, make sure to choose the same date, camp, type of accommodations, and additional fee activities at Timber Ridge (field trips) and include each other’s name in the buddy section of the application. It is suggested that you register on the same day and time as your camper’s buddy. This gives you the best chance for getting buddies together in the same session. Check back with the family after you register to make sure you are signed up for the same session.
- If sisters are attending the same camp once you submit your first camper’s registration you will be given the opportunity to add sisters. If attending different camps, you will have to go to the other camps registration form and fill it out.
- You will be able to check session availability on line by going to the Summer Overnight and Day Camp section of the Web.
- Be sure to check the box to the left of the session name, if you do not check the box, then you are not registered for the session and another camper make take your space.
- If a session is full, you will notice the session is no longer highlighted in the pick list. You will be able to see the session date but you will not be able to select it. Please choose your second choice date or camp.
- You can register for more than one camp or session. Once you submit your first registration you will be given the opportunity to add another session to the same camp or go to the form for the other camp you want to attend.
- You will receive an automatic reply email after you register if you made a deposit or payment. PLEASE review this email. It will summarize the camp, dates and session you registered for. Make sure there is a session and not just a t-shirt and/or patch requested. Your camper registration may be delayed or placed on hold if any of the following circumstances apply:
- You are not a currently registered member of the Girl Scouts.
- The camper age or grade does not match the published eligibility requirements.
- The camper does not meet the prerequisite skills or requirements for specialty or
- The required deposit was not paid or your credit card was denied.
- If you do not receive the automatic e-mail, your application did not go through. Suggestion: Start the registration process over from the beginning.
MAIL-IN CAMP REGISTRATION
Camper registrations will be accepted by mail on or after Tuesday, February 5. A deposit of $50 or payment in full, via check or money order, is required at the time of registration; credit cards are only accepted with online registration. This deposit is credited to your total camp fee. Mail registrations to the address on the bottom of the registration form. Camper spaces are not held for mail in registrations - all availability is put online.
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL MAIL-IN CAMP REGISTRATION
- Fill out the camper application completely. Check to see that you have signed the application in the appropriate places unsigned applications will not be accepted.
- Fill in the Choose Your Camp Session section completely. If this is incomplete we will be unable to process your application.
- If you are coordinating buddies or sisters who wish to attend camp together or at the same time at different camps, mail applications together in the same envelope. This is the only way we can guarantee girls are matched up during processing!
- If you would like to apply to attend more than one session of camp, send in a separate application and deposit in the same envelope for each session. You may photocopy the application or download one from the Website.
If the camp session you would like has filled, you may sign up for the wait list. The Wait List registration is located on the camp web page, below the registration and availability. There is no deposit required to sign up on the waiting list.
Camp fees are due no later than Friday, April 19. Online credit card payments are available for all campers.
Payment plans are available allowing you to spread the payment over multiple months with the final payment due one month prior to your daughter’s session start date. Payments will begin when you receive your detailed confirmation and invoice and must be paid in full one month prior to your daughter’s session start date. When registering for camp check the box that you want to use the payment plan method of paying for camp and make weekly, bimonthly or monthly payments. You will receive an updated invoice after each payment within 7-10 days of the payment.